Mitsubishi Electric Power Products, Inc.
Smarter Grid Solutions (SGS), a Mitsubishi Electric Power Products, Inc (MEPPI) company provides products and consultancy services that enable utilities and developers to integrate Distributed Energy Resources (DER) into and onto the grid, including solar, wind and storage, Microgrids, Virtual Power Plants (VPP) and Fleets of assets across all deployment scales. Our world-leading Active Network Management technology is the core component of a unique Distributed Energy Resource Management System (DERMS) that uses real-time functionality to manage and control the operation of local renewable, Utility assets, and other grid edge devices. Our products are transforming the utilization and resiliency of the grid, securely managing connected resources at greatly reduced cost.
SGS was formed in 2008, originating from the world-renowned Institute for Energy and Environment at the University of Strathclyde in the UK. Over the past 15 years, SGS has experienced rapid growth, and has expanded across North America and the world. SGS is now a leading contributor to the development of the grid’s transition to carbon reduction. In North America, SGS was awarded one of Green Tech Media’s “Top Twenty” awards, and today has offices globally. We are now looking for a Central Territory Sales Manager located in the Central region to contribute to our North American expansion, covering Central United States.
SGS sells a range of technology products and services to both utilities and other companies involved in the electricity sector to help integrate new DER, Microgrids, Fleets, storage, and so forth. In addition to the products featuring our patented control system technology we provide a range of consultancy, training and systems integration services to help our customers adopt our products. This often requires a consultative sales process in a complex, technology-intensive environment.
Reporting to the Executive of Sales and Business Development for North America, the Director of Utility Solutions (Central Region) will accelerate the growth of the business. There will be up to 50% travel within the region, but the position is 100% remote. Working under the guidance of, and in collaboration with the Executive, the Director of Utility Solutions (Central Region) will be responsible for all parts of the sales process including sales strategy, account planning and management and deal closure for sales to both utilities and the developers of renewable energy projects within the region.
The Director of Utility Solutions (Central Region) will be someone capable of interacting at manager, senior manager and executive level and will have experience of software and systems solution sales. The candidate must be a highly adaptable, personable and self-aware individual who can work across the organisation to ensure that appropriate resources are brought in to the sales process at the correct times. The Director of Utility Solutions (Central Region) will be capable of working alongside the North American management team and other SGS, MEPPI and Marketing Representative staff that may be involved in the sales process. The candidate must be a highly organised self-starter who can manage multiple accounts in a well-structured way. The ideal candidate will be experienced at building and maintaining client relationships with existing and new clients, identifying new sales opportunities, and will have strong inter-personal and negotiating skills.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Meeting and/or exceeding an agreed sales quota for the region across key accounts, new sectors and new markets
- Relationship management for key accounts in the region
- Implementation of sales processes and delivery of sales action plans
- Coordinate input from across the company to support the sales process
- Understanding of market trends in the grid sector
- Feeding back market and product requirements based on client and market information
- Recording and reporting of sales metrics within the SGS CRM (visits, new prospects, proposals, wins)
- Researching customers and competitors as required
- Assistance with the production of proposals
- Have complete understanding of the company offering as well as understanding of the business model of distributed energy resource developers and electricity utilities in order to maximize revenue for the company’s products and services
- Understanding the competitive and partner landscape to identify threats and opportunities
- Identify new sales opportunities within key accounts for the company’s products and services
Qualifications and Experience
- Four-year degree level education, or demonstrated alternative
- Several years of consultative sales experience within the electric supply industry
- Good knowledge of grid concepts, automation, DER, and industry trends
- Knowledge of real time control systems or ICT systems
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Experience in creating proposals