At Vercel, our mission is to enable developers to create at the moment of inspiration. We are the platform for frontend developers, creating tools millions of developers use every day. By unlocking developer potential through the use of open-source tools such as Next.js, React, Svelte, and Turborepo, we enable developers to go from idea to global application in seconds.
As a globally distributed company, we take pride in our ability to work across time zones and continents, fostering collaboration and innovation. Our offices in San Francisco and New York City serve as hubs for our teams to come together and develop the tools that empower our users.
By joining Vercel, you’ll be part of a team that is deeply committed to open-source technologies and dedicated to shaping the future of web development.
About the Role:
Vercel is looking for an experienced and proactive Developer Experience (DX) Engineer to join our growing Docs team. As a DX Engineer, you will help create high-quality documentation that empowers our users to build, deploy, and scale their applications with ease. You will focus on enhancing productivity, reducing friction, and improving overall satisfaction among our developer community. You will work with cross-functional teams, including software engineers, DevOps, and product managers, to ensure that our development tools, workflows, and documentation are of the highest quality.
What You Will Do:
- Develop the docs site by creating reusable components, while enhancing user experience through informative code examples and engaging diagrams
- Create highly-technical documentation to enable developers to use Vercel’s tools, libraries, and APIs
- Manage workload and deadlines in collaboration with managers or lead writers
- Embrace new product areas and processes, sharing product knowledge through different channels, and driving the team’s work forward
- Review and edit content and code to ensure quality and adherence to our style guidelines
- Advocate for users, ensuring their needs are considered and addressed in all documentation efforts
- Report into our Director of Docs and VP of Developer Experience
- At least 4 years of experience as a Developer Experience Engineer, DevOps Engineer, or a related role
- Deep knowledge of frontend tools such as TypeScript, Next.js, and Vercel are required
- Proficient in MDX, Markdown, and Git workflows for efficient, interactive documentation creation
- A willingness to dive into unfamiliar domains, quickly learn new concepts, and write comprehensive content about them
- A passion for fostering a positive developer experience and a user-centric approach to your documentation efforts.
When applying, please submit a favorite piece of your own writing that is relevant to your work experience and/or current role.
- Inclusive Healthcare Package
- Flexible working style – 100% remote, with teammates located throughout the globe
- Learn and Grow – we provide mentorship and send you to events that help you build your network and skills
- Unlimited PTO – 4 weeks recommended per year. Take time when you need it.
- We will provide you the gear you need to do your role, and a WFH budget for you to outfit your space as needed
The San Francisco, CA base pay range for this role is $120,000 -$180,000. This salary range is an estimate. Actual salary will be based on job related skills, experience and location. Pay ranges outside San Francisco may be adjusted based on employee location. The total compensation package also includes benefits and equity-based compensation. Your recruiter can share more about the specific pay range for your location during the hiring process.
Vercel is committed to fostering and empowering an inclusive community within our organization. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Vercel encourages everyone to apply for our available positions, even if they don’t necessarily check every box on the job description.
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://remotewoman.com/job/dx-engineer-9/→