DescriptionMoz’s Data Platform team is looking for an Intermediate Software Engineer to work with us on creating the next generation of data processing infrastructure and AI innovation for our products as well as supporting our existing systems. The team is in charge of developing, maintaining, and upgrading data systems and services for the customer-facing Moz applications, both new and legacy. The team comprises a set of strong developers with varied backgrounds who are looking for an engineer with a proven passion for data engineering, large-scale storage solutions, APIs, and machine learning. We equip our application teams with the means to present insights to our clients with petabytes of accurate, top of the line data.We are an office optional company. This position can be fully remote from anywhere within Canada. We’re also open to having folks be based out of our Vancouver, BC office.Diversity & Inclusivity. Moz is committed to building diverse teams where people of all identities and backgrounds are welcome, included, and respected.
What You’ll Do
- Be part of a small, nimble team writing and maintaining systems in Python and Ruby
- Build and use APIs, distributed systems, ETL pipelines, data analysis systems, and develop effective strategies for monitoring/alerting
- Leverage Docker, Terraform, Databricks, Unix systems & tools, and AWS systems including EMR, ECS, S3, EC2, Elasticache in your day-to-day work
- Work with leads to design systems and platforms for Moz’s next generation of products.
- Manage and improve the storage, retrieval, and transformation of Moz data. Challenges come in the form of data scale and computational efficiency.
- Participate in the on-call rotation, handling systems and operations issues as they arise.
- Work with your manager to devise a plan for future career growth, including mentorship of junior developers and receiving mentorship from senior developers.
- Ensure the quality and performance of Moz’s data platform through code review, documentation, metrics and logging analysis, etc.
- Understand and embrace our core values: Transparency, Accountable, Generous, Fun, Empathetic and Exceptional.
- 3+ years experience in a software development role where work directly affected customer or end-user product experience or performance.
- Proficiency with Python or Ruby in a professional setting
- Ability to envision and execute complex systems in Cloud-based technologies
- Familiarity with APIs, big data, data analysis, and machine learning
- Experience maintaining production systems, responding to bugs and outages, managing uptime
- Time in a role with responsibilities outside of code, e.g., monitoring, instrumentation, operations, dealing with servers/containers, deployment, etc.
- Able to align with PST/PDT timezone working hours
- Undergraduate or graduate degree in Computer Science, or equivalent training and experience
- Experience with large computing systems such as Spark or Databricks
- Experience using Docker
- Experience building data models, ETLs, and analysis systems
- Professional experience building services in AWS (EMR, ECS, EC2, S3, Elasticache)
- Professional experience developing SaaS products
About Moz Group
The Moz Group, a subsidiary of Ziff Davis, Inc (NASDAQ: ZD), is a leading provider of marketing technology solutions primarily for small and medium-sized enterprises, consisting of a portfolio of brands across digital media and cloud services. Our SEO brands include Moz and STAT, Email Marketing brands include Campaigner, iContact, Kickbox, and SMTP, and finally our Communications brands are made up of Line2 and eVoice.
The Moz Group is committed to building diverse teams where people of all identities and backgrounds are welcome, included, and respected. We work to help close the gender gap in tech, and to actively recruit people from other underrepresented groups. We strongly encourage women, gender diverse people, and minority candidates to apply.
Our parent company, Ziff Davis, has once again achieved a perfect score of 100 in the Human Rights Campaign (HRC) Foundation’s 2023 Corporate Equality Index (CEI). The CEI is a vital benchmarking tool that evaluates corporate policies and practices, and our consistent top score demonstrates our ongoing dedication to maintaining a diverse and inclusive work environment for all.