Headquarters: Washington State, U.S.A.
The mission of the V.P. of Finance is to secure and structure the financial resources and systems necessary for sustainable growth, positioning the company to smoothly transition from a small to mid-sized SaaS enterprise.
A day in the life of…
- Financial modeling and budgeting
- Cash management (e.g. in regards to payment terms, accounts receivables, FX,…) and forecasting
- Collaborating closely in both a support and advisory role with the leadership team
- Focus on driving revenue and profitability, by working on projects that will generate more revenue e.g. by working on pricing, looking at segments
- Focusing on early indicators of department models and ensure dependencies tie out
- Owning the data for the next financing round and play an important role in the fundraising process
- Planning and executing fundraising activities to support longer-term growth
- Supporting the Product, Sales, Marketing, and Success modeling to support growth and optimizations
- Streamlining financial systems
Fundraising Success: Amount of funds raised and the effectiveness of fundraising rounds (e.g., terms of deals, valuation).
Financial Growth: Achievement of revenue growth milestones (from $10M to $55M).
Budget Management: Accuracy of forecasts and adherence to budgets.
Operational Efficiency: Streamlining of financial processes and cost-saving initiatives.
Team Development: Establishment and growth of a high-performing finance team.
Compliance and Risk Management: Maintenance of compliance standards and effective risk mitigation.
Expectations for your first 90 days:
- Evaluate the capabilities and structure of the current finance team.
- Identify any immediate hiring or team changes needed.
Fundraising and Financing Strategy:
- Start developing a roadmap for future fundraising and financing efforts.
- Assess current financial resources and needs.
Risk Assessment – Conduct a preliminary risk understanding of the Business:
- Comprehensive review of current financial status, systems, and team capabilities.
- Familiarization with business model, products, and key revenue drivers.
- Develop an initial assessment and a 90-day action plan aligned with the company’s growth objectives.
- Identify immediate opportunities and challenges in financial operations.
- Establish strong communication with the leadership team, and contracted finance team
- Begin to engage with existing and potential investors and financial partners.
Financial Analysis and Reporting:
- Assess current financial reporting systems and processes for efficiency and accuracy.
- Develop and conduct month end close process
- Provide initial financial insights and recommendations to the leadership team.
- Autonomously ‘drive’ department level models, forecasts, structures and assumptions
- Cash: Months of runway
- Fundraising Success: Amount of funds raised and the effectiveness of fundraising rounds (e.g., terms of deals, valuation).
- Financial Growth: Achievement of revenue growth milestones (from $10M to $55M).
- Budget Management: Accuracy of forecasts and adherence to budgets.
- Operational Efficiency: Streamlining of financial processes and cost-saving initiatives.
- Team Development: Establishment and growth of a high-performing finance team.
- Compliance and Risk Management: Maintenance of compliance standards and effective risk mitigation.
- 8 Company Holidays + Week off at Christmas
- 6 weeks Paid Time Off (5 weeks Vacation, 1 week Sick)
- 1 Volunteer day with the organization of your choice
- Birthday lunch on us 🎂
- Monthly Healthcare Allowance
- Monthly WFH Allowance
- Yearly Vacation Allowance
- Fun and outcome driven work environment with a smart, hard working team
- Location independence
- Mission driven company and values-based culture
🚀 Want to join a team of A players in an exciting, high-growth, entrepreneurial environment?
We are a PropTech SaaS company with ambition and 80% average. annual growth over the last four years. Our vision is to $55M ARR in 5 years. It’s going to be a hell of ride 🚀. Our tech is changing the way properties are managed and experienced.
We are on the lookout for an intellectually curious, growth-oriented VP of Finance who thrives in collaboration. This role requires a track record of success in a fast-paced SaaS environment.
Your responsibility is to strategically guide and effectively manage financial operations, enabling the company’s growth from $10M to $55M in revenue through adept fundraising and savvy financial planning, while maintaining lean and efficient financial processes.. The ideal candidate is a well-rounded leader with extensive finance leadership expertise in B2B SaaS and the ability to work effectively with their team and across the organization.
We’re a small team solving big problems in the property management industry. Bootstrapped since 2013, we’re passionate about helping small businesses simplify growth and streamline operations, providing the leading CRM in our space.
The long version of our story: Back when web 2.0 was a thing (get off my lawn!) LeadSimple’s founders started a lead generation business connecting landlords with property management companies. Witnessing the challenges lead buyers had closing deals led into a natural segue to build out an industry-specific CRM which became the de-facto industry standard. Fast forward to 2020 when we released a process/workflow suite to move from the sales side of our clients business into the heart of day-to-day operations. The market was hungry and responded aggressively to the new direction, which led us to double down with growth and additional product expansion.
Please only apply if you:
- Have proven experience in a finance role within a B2B SaaS company
- Have a track record of growing a company’s revenue from at least $10M to $55M
- Have excellent leadership, communication, and strategic thinking skills.
- Embrace learning new technology
- Learn fast
- Have a strong expertise in fundraising and understanding of financing vehicles (debt and equity).
- Proactively seek solutions
- Own the outcome
- Embody emotional maturity
- Bring an optimistic “can do” attitude
Our Interview Process
- Fill out the application
- Answer questions via video questionaire to help use get to know you (15 minutes)
- Culture Conversation with a member from our People Operations team (30 minutes)
- Offline work sample test (up to 60 minutes)
- Interview with Hiring Manager (60 – 90 minutes)
- Possible panel interview (up to 60 minutes)
- Offer call (15 minutes)
- Written offer
- Start date commences after a 90 day onboarding period
SO…Are You All In?
Not everyone can hang. It take a special person –
Someone who’s all IN. We are building a “rocket ship” at LeadSimple,
And we need All Stars to help us accomplish our mission.
LeadSimple, our team members are connected and driven leaders,
Who take personal responsibility for what they create.
We hit deadlines, we’re obsessed with both the customer and
Team member experience. We own the outcome,
We overcome obstacles and we find life lessons everywhere.
You can do it in an office
You can do it from home
We really don’t care
As long as it’s known 👇
What matters is this…
When the chips are down
And your back is against the wall
Can we count on you to make the right call?
Judgment, intuition, or care by another name
We call it “Owning The Outcome” – because it really is the whole game
Have the customers back, and they will treat you the same
If you can do that
Then we’re birds of the same feather
So come join our team and we’ll make music together.