It takes powerful technology to connect our brands and partners with an audience of nearly 900 million. Whether you’re looking to write mobile app code, engineer the servers behind our massive ad tech stacks, or develop algorithms to help us process trillions of data points a day, what you do here will have a huge impact on our business—and the world. Want in?
A Little About Us
Yahoo is a global media and tech company that connects people to their passions. We reach nearly 900M people around the world, bringing them closer to what they love—from finance and sports, to shopping, gaming and news—with the trusted products, content and tech that fuel their day. For partners, we provide a full-stack platform for businesses to amplify growth and drive more meaningful connections across advertising, search and media.
About Our Team
Yahoo Knowledge (YK) is a web-scale knowledge graph and a suite of services providing data about real-world entities and their relationships. The YK engineering team builds and manages platforms for data acquisition, information extraction, data reconciliation, enrichment, storage, and real-time serving and consumption of the knowledge graph. Development work on YK has a direct impact on the quality of systems at Yahoo including the Yahoo Search, Yahoo Home Page, Yahoo Finance, advertising systems, and others. The project provides a unique opportunity to work across a spectrum of different systems including big data pipelines, Machine Learning, and Web-Scale serving.
A Lot About You
- Working on projects of diverse scope and complexity, designing, building, implementing, modifying, testing, debugging, and deploying software systems, large-scale infrastructure platforms, and network services that are the foundation of multiple Yahoo! properties and applications
- Own, improve, and scale data acquisition and processing workflows
- Drive the roadmap for the next-generation digital transformation of the system to the public cloud and work to continually improve the workflows and pipeline’s operability, scalability, efficiency, performance, and reliability
- You will help run our massive big data pipelines and our web services
- Required to write proper tests and ensure CI/CD is properly implemented
- Partner closely with Product Managers from other teams such as Yahoo Web Search, Yahoo Homepage, Yahoo Sports, etc to understand their requirements
- Present your work to get valuable feedback and guidance
- Share and present to the team emerging technologies such as AI, and take part in discussions within the company
- Work on debugging and improving the performance of our serving systems
- Mentor and grow Technical Leads and Software Engineers in the YK Team
- Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent working experience with data platforms and/or large-scale serving systems.
- Senior-level proficiency in designing, writing, updating, testing, and reviewing software in object-oriented programming languages such as Java or Scala
- 7+ years of experience in successful code delivery as an individual contributor
- Experience with distributed computing, such as Apache Spark
- Strong understanding of Algorithms, Data Structures, Performance analysis, and Software Engineering best practices
- Experience building and running large-scale, scalable, low-latency online systems
- Previous experience working with Knowledge Graphs
- Previous experience with SPARQL and Graph Databases (e.g AWS Neptune)
- 3 years of experience in a technical leadership role leading project teams and setting technical direction.
Yahoo is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category. Yahoo is dedicated to providing an accessible environment for all candidates during the application process and for employees during their employment. If you need accessibility assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability, please submit a request via the Accommodation Request Form (www.yahooinc.com/careers/contact-us.html) or call 408-336-1409. Requests and calls received for non-disability related issues, such as following up on an application, will not receive a response.
At Yahoo, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion (www.yahooinc.com/diversity/) page to learn more.
The compensation for this position ranges from $143,625.00 – $299,375.00/yr and will vary depending on factors such as your location, skills and experience. The compensation package may also include incentive compensation opportunities in the form of discretionary annual bonus or commissions, in addition to equity incentives. Yahoo provides industry-leading benefits including healthcare, 401K savings plan, company holidays, vacation, sick time, parental leave and an employee assistance program. Eligibility requirements apply.
Yahoo has a high degree of flexibility around employee location and hybrid working. In fact, our flexible-hybrid approach to work is one of the things our employees rave about. Most roles don’t require specific regular patterns of in-person office attendance. If you join Yahoo, you may be asked to attend (or travel to attend) on-site work sessions, team-building, or other in-person events. When these occur, you’ll be given notice to make arrangements.
If you’re curious about how this factors into this role, please discuss with the recruiter.
Currently work for Yahoo? Please apply on our internal career site.
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://remotewoman.com/job/principal-software-dev-engineer-yahoo-knowledge-graph/→