It takes powerful technology to connect our brands and partners with an audience of nearly 900 million. Whether you’re looking to write mobile app code, engineer the servers behind our massive ad tech stacks, or develop algorithms to help us process trillions of data points a day, what you do here will have a huge impact on our business—and the world. Want in?
Yahoo Research is growing its strategic research teams to enable the company to build new products and platforms that our customers need, now and in the future. We have exciting job openings in several technical focus areas that are located in Dublin, Ireland with an opportunity to work remotely from anywhere in Ireland.
We hire the best scientific minds who like to roll up their sleeves, make new discoveries and contribute to the success of the business. We are looking for Research Scientists with a Ph.D. degree in Computer Science, Industrial or Electrical Engineering, Statistics or Mathematics. Our scientists specialize in designing and building scalable and reliable distributed and parallel systems that serve all the aspects of big data like data mining, optimization, machine learning, computational economics and analytics.
We design innovative algorithms to optimize performance of ad campaigns for our clients and push the capacity, performance and reliability of our platforms, exploit novel hardware and software architectures, and evaluate the impact in Web-scale production settings. We actively contribute to the scientific and open source communities in foundations of Computer Science, Machine Learning, Mathematical Optimization and Computational Economics.
● We work on game-changing products and solutions, you can quickly see how your research ideas and algorithms influence revenue and user engagement. The selection of our projects is unparalleled and we have amazing relationships with the product groups.
● We have a huge number of research problems to solve that lie on the intersection of Control Theory, Optimization, Machine Learning, and Computational Economics (Auction Theory, Algorithmic Game Theory). If you are an expert in one of these fields or want to expand your research profile this is an ideal place for you.
● We care about you continuing your fundamental research, publishing papers and keeping track of the latest technologies developed in your respective field.
● Deep dive into the data to understand and apply patterns, while maintaining a sense of the big picture.
● Work closely with colleagues on the engineering team to put research results into action.
● Provide thought leadership to guide the direction of Yahoo products and services.
● Push your own research agenda and look to influence our products and services with your expertise.
● Ph.D. in Computer Science, Industrial or Electrical Engineering, Statistics or Mathematics.
● Strong research track record (academic or industrial) in one of the following areas: Mathematical Optimization and Algorithm Design, Data Analytics, Machine Learning, Computational Economics (auctions, pricing, mechanism design), Control Theory or areas of Computer Science and Mathematics related to these disciplines.
● Strong design and implementation skills. Experience with large-scale production code development is a plus.
● Ability to conduct research that is justified and guided by business opportunities.
● Strong communication and presentation skills.
Yahoo is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category. Yahoo is dedicated to providing an accessible environment for all candidates during the application process and for employees during their employment. If you need accessibility assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability, please submit a request via the Accommodation Request Form (www.yahooinc.com/careers/contact-us.html) or call 408-336-1409. Requests and calls received for non-disability related issues, such as following up on an application, will not receive a response.
Yahoo has a high degree of flexibility around employee location and hybrid working. In fact, our flexible-hybrid approach to work is one of the things our employees rave about. Most roles don’t require specific regular patterns of in-person office attendance. If you join Yahoo, you may be asked to attend (or travel to attend) on-site work sessions, team-building, or other in-person events. When these occur, you’ll be given notice to make arrangements.
If you’re curious about how this factors into this role, please discuss with the recruiter.
Currently work for Yahoo? Please apply on our internal career site.
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://remotewoman.com/job/research-scientist-20/→