We are searching for a talented and proactive WordPress Engineer to provide extensive support to our technical team. In this role, you will be responsible for designing high-quality software solutions and making critical decisions regarding their implementation.
You will actively participate in coding and other development activities. The ideal candidate should possess expertise in designing distributed systems, a deep understanding of WordPress architecture, and proficiency in both front-end and back-end technologies.
- Providing leadership and mentoring to the development team, making sure that the implementation is consistent with the requirement.
- Making high-level design choices and establishing technical standards, including WordPress coding standards, best practices, tools, and platforms.
- Creating a proof of concept (POC) prototypes to validate the feasibility of chosen solutions.
- Developing architectural and design principles that enhance the performance, capacity, and scalability of projects.
- Work on Requirements gathering and estimation during the Pre-sales phase.
- Write and maintain technical project documentation, including inline code commenting and GitHub Readme.md at the bare minimum.
- Communicating effectively with stakeholders, providing clear explanations of system architecture, design decisions, progress updates, and respecting the timeline of projects.
- Identifying and mitigating business risks associated with solution architecture.
- Contributing directly to coding and development tasks as needed to maintain hands-on familiarity with projects.
- Establishing robust testing, continuous integration and deployment (CI/CD), monitoring, and observability practices.
- 5+ years of experience as a WordPress Engineer/Developer.
- Excellent communication and leadership skills.
- Experience of leading and mentoring the development team.
- In-depth WordPress engineering experience with high-quality outcome.
- Hands-on experience of WordPress backend and frontend
- Good understanding of computer science fundamentals.
- Ability to debug and troubleshoot code.
Good to Have
- Development experience for WordPress VIP platform projects.
- Gutenberg block (and Full Site Editor) development experience.
- Working knowledge of WordPress REST API or GraphQL.
- Experience of writing/blogging/public speaking and/or community contributions.
- Knowledge of and experience with DevOps practices.
- Prior experience of working with remote team.
rtCamp is a full-service agency with a global team of 120+ remote employees. Founded in 2009, we have more than a decade’s experience empowering our clients with beautiful and robust solutions, built exclusively around WordPress.
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://jobs.wordpress.net/job/rtcamp-lead-wordpress-engineer-5/→