Mitsubishi Electric Power Products, Inc.
MEPPI’s Substation Division (SSD) is looking for an experienced Senior Field Service Technician who specializes in working with HVDC, Statcom, SVC and Power Electronics. In this role the sucessful candidae will execute plans for work to be performed at customer sites as well as coordinating planned work with customers and contractors.
- Lead the assembly of equipment including scheduling, assembly techniques and quality control. Perform and/or provide technical direction of installation, testing, trouble-shooting and repair work at customer sites.
- Perform long-term site management duties and on-site supervision.
- Organize and supervise site mobilization and demobilization, review and process subcontractor timesheets, review and confirm change orders, document job progress, and record and retain site meeting minutes.
- Conduct onsite investigation of equipment performance to determine cause or contributing factors.
- Communicate findings to and coordinate problem resolution with MEPPI’s Project, Engineering and Sales groups.
- Communicate findings and proposed resolutions to customers regarding equipment.
- Prepare documentation and reports regarding customer equipment problems and site visits.
- Prepare and conduct daily tailboard safety meetings outlining work plan and potential safety issues.
- Conduct customer and contractor training for installation, operation and maintenance of equipment.
- Inventory and organize storage, moving, unpacking and staging of equipment. Perform surveying and field checks of equipment, site dimensions and tolerances.
- Catalog, schedule, track and maintain test and field equipment.
- Associate’s Degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering or related technology field with a minimum 8 years’ experience with assembly/manufacturing/maintenance in utilities, or equivalent education and experience.
- Advanced knowledge of installation, maintenance, troubleshooting, testing and repair of substation subsystems and equipment, or similar systems and products.
- Advanced knowledge of technical drawings, blueprints, electrical schematics, bills of materials and user manuals.
- Advanced knowledge of safety regulations and procedures with corresponding safety attitude.
- Advanced analytical and problem solving skills.
- Advanced interpersonal communication skills required to communicate with customers, employees, and vendors.
- Advanced computer skills, emphasizing knowledge of MS Office products, MS Project, MRP/ERP systems and company timekeeping and expense reporting systems
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://remotewoman.com/job/senior-field-service-technician-svc-statcom-hvdc-power-electronics-2/→