Yahoo is a global media and tech company that connects people to their passions. We reach nearly 900M people around the world, bringing them closer to what they love—from finance and sports, to shopping, gaming and news—with the trusted products, content and tech that fuel their day. For partners, we provide a full-stack platform for businesses to amplify growth and drive more meaningful connections across advertising, search and media.
A Little About Us
Yahoo Search is one of the most highly-scaled applications on the planet. We hire world class engineers to support our ambitious product and platform goals. Our engineers work in a highly collaborative environment with a strong emphasis on technical excellence and innovation.
- Build engaging user experiences that reach 100 million monthly users
- Write highly scalable, low-latency code that ships to production daily through our
- automated pipeline
- Fight to shave milliseconds off already blazing fast latencies
- Explore cutting-edge front-end technologies to stay innovative in a competitive marketplace
- Work with a passionate cross-functional team of product managers, designers,
- production engineers, developers, architects, and scientists to run one of the
- highest monetizing web applications on the planet
A Lot About You
You have a passion for building things that scale and are excited to learn new technologies and solve challenging problems. You thrive under pressure and love to work in a dynamic team
- BS in Computer Science or related discipline; or equivalent combination of experience
- 5+ years of experience developing user interfaces for large scale server applications
- Experience leading projects, architecting solutions and mentoring junior developers.
- Experience with both client side and server side technologies and languages
- Experience with Linux, Git and CI/CD
- Outstanding programming, problem solving, and communication skills
- Strong understanding of CS fundamentals and web architecture
Yahoo is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category. Yahoo is dedicated to providing an accessible environment for all candidates during the application process and for employees during their employment. If you need accessibility assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability, please submit a request via the Accommodation Request Form (www.yahooinc.com/careers/contact-us.html) or call 408-336-1409. Requests and calls received for non-disability related issues, such as following up on an application, will not receive a response.
At Yahoo, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion (www.yahooinc.com/diversity/) page to learn more.
The compensation for this position ranges from $128,250.00 – $266,875.00/yr and will vary depending on factors such as your location, skills and experience. The compensation package may also include incentive compensation opportunities in the form of discretionary annual bonus or commissions, in addition to equity incentives. Yahoo provides industry-leading benefits including healthcare, 401K savings plan, company holidays, vacation, sick time, parental leave and an employee assistance program. Eligibility requirements apply.
Yahoo has a high degree of flexibility around employee location and hybrid working. In fact, our flexible-hybrid approach to work is one of the things our employees rave about. Most roles don’t require specific regular patterns of in-person office attendance. If you join Yahoo, you may be asked to attend (or travel to attend) on-site work sessions, team-building, or other in-person events. When these occur, you’ll be given notice to make arrangements.
If you’re curious about how this factors into this role, please discuss with the recruiter.
Currently work for Yahoo? Please apply on our internal career site.
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://remotewoman.com/job/senior-software-engineer-yahoo-search-front-end/→