It takes powerful technology to connect our brands and partners with an audience of nearly 900 million. Whether you’re looking to write mobile app code, engineer the servers behind our massive ad tech stacks, or develop algorithms to help us process trillions of data points a day, what you do here will have a huge impact on our business—and the world. Want in?
A Little About Us:
The Yahoo Platforms Engineering (YPE) team is looking for an experienced Senior Software Development Engineer to help continue to guide Yahoo’s transformation into the public cloud. The YPE team provides central platforms and products, governance, security and cloud enablement to all Yahoo business units.
The AI & Machine Learning developer platforms at Yahoo enables Yahoo’s technology & research teams to rapidly develop, experiment and iterate on new AI/ML models, enabling innovation on an integrated, scalable platform and framework for our advertising, data, visual intelligence, and other product solutions from the ground up.
A Lot About You
You have worked extensively in the public cloud, leveraged many cloud services and are highly knowledgeable in the AI/ML space. You will work closely with all Yahoo business units, as part of the development productivity team, to provide cloud guidance, build new solutions or enhance existing standards to meet business needs. The work produced by you and the developer productivity group will be the tip of the spear for Yahoo’s transformation.
- Orchestrate, design, and develop the entire AI/ML cloud platform environment, including container based solutions and related cloud services
- Ensure quality and performance of components developed
- Stay up-to-date with the latest trends and advancements in AI/ML technologies, cloud platforms, and related tools, and provide recommendations for continuous improvement
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to drive innovation and identify new opportunities for leveraging AI/ML technologies
- Work collaboratively with engineers across the organization (Security, Platforms, BUs)
- Proficient in coding in Python, Golang or Java to build and deploy large-scale systems
- 3+ years experience working in AWS or cloud related technologies
- Cloud platform services; EC2, EKS, GCP, GKE, etc
- Cloud platform ML services; Sagemaker and/or Vertex AI
- Experience with cloud automation tools like CloudFormation and Terraform
- Experience leveraging cloud provider APIs
- Experience with open source AI/ML solutions; ML Flow, TensorFlow, Kubeflow, etc
- Familiar with the use of LLMs such as ChatGPT, LLaMA, or Bard
- Experience with end-to-end automation and CI/CD workflows
- Proficient with running containers in a production environment
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- Capable of working in a collaborative environment involving developing solutions, presenting those solutions for review by peers, and then training co-workers on the solutions
Yahoo is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category. Yahoo is dedicated to providing an accessible environment for all candidates during the application process and for employees during their employment. If you need accessibility assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability, please submit a request via the Accommodation Request Form (www.yahooinc.com/careers/contact-us.html) or call 408-336-1409. Requests and calls received for non-disability related issues, such as following up on an application, will not receive a response.
At Yahoo, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion (www.yahooinc.com/diversity/) page to learn more.
The compensation for this position ranges from $128,250.00 – $266,875.00/yr and will vary depending on factors such as your location, skills and experience. The compensation package may also include incentive compensation opportunities in the form of discretionary annual bonus or commissions, in addition to equity incentives. Yahoo provides industry-leading benefits including healthcare, 401K savings plan, company holidays, vacation, sick time, parental leave and an employee assistance program. Eligibility requirements apply.
Yahoo has a high degree of flexibility around employee location and hybrid working. In fact, our flexible-hybrid approach to work is one of the things our employees rave about. Most roles don’t require specific regular patterns of in-person office attendance. If you join Yahoo, you may be asked to attend (or travel to attend) on-site work sessions, team-building, or other in-person events. When these occur, you’ll be given notice to make arrangements.
If you’re curious about how this factors into this role, please discuss with the recruiter.
Currently work for Yahoo? Please apply on our internal career site.
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://remotewoman.com/job/sr-software-dev-engineer-3/→