We are looking for a Senior Frontend Engineer to help us build and maintain our client applications. If you are a great engineer, work well in cross-functional teams, and are eager to learn and work with both AmpersandJS and Svelte, we want to hear from you., we want to hear from you!
The gross annual salary for the role is 72,000 EUR plus some great benefits.
You can work from anywhere in the world as long as your main location is between UTC-4 and UTC+8:00.
About the team
We are a global team of 100+ awesome people working from over 40 countries around the globe. We hire globally, you work locally—in the heart of London, a beach outside of São Paulo, or a quiet village near Florence, the choice is yours. Every few months we travel to meet up somewhere in the world and spend some quality time together. We place a huge amount of trust in our people, and we measure the outcomes rather than the work itself. Our values fuel our results.
Our team and company meetings are scheduled between 11:00 and 16:00 UTC. Your availability and commitment to participate in these sessions are essential for effective collaboration and team alignment.
Your main responsibilities will be:
- Work closely with other engineers, product managers and designers to understand requirements and translate them into user-friendly web-based components
- Develop and maintain the Toggl Plan web application and browser extensions
- Optimize frontend performance to ensure fast rendering and smooth interactions for high data volumes
- Conduct code reviews, identify and resolve technical issues, and maintain high coding standards
- Collaborate with other development teams to identify and implement best practices in frontend development and related areas
We would love to hear from you if you have strong experience in frontend development and can lead major development projects.
In particular, we are looking for:
- Proficiency in all facets of web application development, including design, implementation, and testing
- Expertise with ES6/Typescript, Webpack, Git, and PostCSS/Tailwind
- A comfort level with working within a fully remote team, displaying excellent written communication skills, and a genuine enthusiasm for active collaboration with other remote team members
- Eagerness to explore and embrace Svelte – we’re currently in the process of transitioning to Svelte, so prior experience with it is a big plus
- A commitment to contributing to a company culture that values respect, openness, transparency, multiculturalism, and continuous evolution
- Familiarity with asynchronous work processes, as we typically hold only three meetings per week, expecting the remainder of tasks to be executed independently, marked by a strong sense of ownership
- Willingness to travel for participation in our company meetups
- Freedom to choose when and how much you work – we only measure results
- 24 days of paid time off a year, plus your local holidays
- In-person meetups for team-building (expenses covered)
- 4-6 weeks paid sabbatical (depending on the tenure)
- Laptop budget up to €2,500 and it renews every 3 years
- €2,000 budget to set up your home office, and additional €300 every year after 3 years of tenure
- €250 per month for co-working space membership and/or internet service at home
- €4,000 per year contribution to use for training, workshops, and conferences
- €2,000 per year contribution for any equipment or services to improve and/or maintain your physical and mental health
- Support for buying tools you need for doing your best work (even eyeglasses if you need a new pair)