At Vercel, our mission is to enable developers to create at the moment of inspiration. We are the platform for frontend developers, creating tools millions of developers use every day. By unlocking developer potential through the use of open-source tools such as Next.js, React, Svelte, and Turborepo, we enable developers to go from idea to global application in seconds.
As a globally distributed company, we take pride in our ability to work across time zones and continents, fostering collaboration and innovation. Our offices in San Francisco and New York City serve as hubs for our teams to come together and develop the tools that empower our users. By joining Vercel, you’ll be part of a team that is deeply committed to open-source technologies and dedicated to shaping the future of web development.
What You Will Do:
- Manage the overall accounting activities, such as revenue, prepaids, fixed assets, accruals and share-based compensation expenses.
- Supervise monthly, quarterly, and annual close processes, including reviewing journal entries, account reconciliations and working papers.
- Lead interim and annual financial statements audit
- Perform variance analysis to support budgetary control and financial statement completeness and accuracy
- Mentor and coach the core accounting team members.
- Assist development and implementation of global accounting policies, procedures and company-wide initiatives and identify opportunities for improvements.
- Prepare technical memos for key accounting topics and establish on-going process with cross-functional teams to support timely financial reporting
- Continually evaluate and optimize accounting operational efficiency through assessing, standardizing and streamlining day-to-day processes.
- Have a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Equivalent
- Are an active CPA
- Have 5+ years Big four accounting firm – audit/assurance practice experience
- Have 10+ Years of hands-on full-cycle accounting experience required including 5+ years of experience managing a team
- Have comprehensive and current understanding of US GAAP, including recently issued accounting pronouncements and SEC reporting principles and regulations
- Have proven experience assisting year-end financial statements audit
- Have practical experience implementing and maintaining internal controls
- Have excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Are proficient with Excel and Google Suites
- Have working experience with various ERP systems
Bonus If You:
- Are proficient with Netsuite
- Have experience at a pre-IPO or public company
- With practical knowledge and experience with billing systems and implementations (i.e. SuiteBilling, Zuora and Stripe)
- Stock options
- Inclusive Healthcare Package
- Flexible working style – 100% remote, with teammates located throughout the globe
- Learn and Grow – we provide mentorship and send you to events that help you build your network and skills
- Unlimited PTO – 4 weeks recommended per year. Take time when you need it.
- We will provide you the gear you need to do your role, and a WFH budget for you to outfit your space as needed
The San Francisco, CA base pay range for this role is $187,000 – $281,000. This salary range is an estimate. Actual salary will be based on job related skills, experience and location. Pay ranges outside San Francisco may be adjusted based on employee location. The total compensation package also includes benefits and equity-based compensation. Your recruiter can share more about the specific pay range for your location during the hiring process.
Vercel is committed to fostering and empowering an inclusive community within our organization. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Vercel encourages everyone to apply for our available positions, even if they don’t necessarily check every box on the job description.
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://remotewoman.com/job/controller-62/→