Is your content falling flat, failing to impact the audience how you want? Or maybe you want some ideas to help you generate better content. Whatever the goal, these writing hacks can help.
Writing content with the potential to go viral is a challenge for every writer. And even if you wrote the best thing since sliced bread, there’s no guarantee it would trend. But having some practical and powerful writing hacks can improve your chances.
Use these writing hacks to give your content the right zing.
Quick disclosure: Some links on this page are affiliate links. We may earn revenue at no additional cost to you if you purchase using the links. We greatly appreciate your support.
1. Create ‘Epic’ Content
Epic content is engaging content that can make people pause their activities to read, share, or link to it. This type of content is useful, inspiring, and beautifully written. It tells a consistent story, fills a need, and has a unique human voice.
Some of the characteristics of epic content include the following.
- Personal touch: Add a personal touch by sharing your own experiences and stories. Personal narratives can help readers connect things with situations in their own lives.
- Real value: Delivering real value means understanding the audience’s needs and providing solutions. This can attract more readers and establish trust with the audience.
- Originality: Provide a fresh perspective or introduce novel ideas. Try to offer your audience something they won’t find elsewhere.
- Actionability: Epic content should offer more than information; it should present a roadmap for readers to apply what they’ve learned.
- Emotionally engaging: Whether it inspires, excites, or comforts, stirring an emotional response can significantly enhance the impact of your content.
- Visual appeal: Include relevant, high-quality visuals to enrich the content and make it more digestible and engaging. Visuals could be in the form of images, infographics, or videos.
- Data-driven: Validate your points with data to bolster your credibility and make the content more persuasive.
- Well-researched: A well-researched piece stands out. It shows that you are providing the most accurate and up-to-date information.
- Consistent: Consistency in style, tone, and quality with everything you write can help build your brand identity and increase audience trust.
Note that crafting epic content is about blending these elements effectively.
2. The Contrarian Approach
Sometimes, standing out requires going against the grain. Look at viral posts in your niche and identify common themes. Then, challenge yourself to write something that does the opposite.
This is effective because the Internet is saturated with similar content, and when you diverge from the norm, you can immediately grab people’s attention.
The contrarian approach can push boundaries, provoke thought, and stir conversations, boosting engagement. But don’t be controversial or provocative for the sake of it. Instead, seek to offer a fresh viewpoint or a unique interpretation of common themes.
You’re not just being different — you’re adding to the conversation meaningfully. So be bold in your narrative, sincere in your argument, and leverage relevant facts or experiences.
The contrarian writing hack makes it more likely your content will go viral.
3. Eavesdrop for Ideas
This writing hack is all about adding unexpected twists to your writing. Listen to the conversations around you next time you’re in a public space, such as a coffee shop. Find an interesting phrase or sentence and write it down.
You may be surprised how these real-life snippets can lead to great ideas and enhance your work. It can even help you break free from your usual writing style if that’s a goal.
4. Power Nap for Ideas
Who says napping can’t be productive? This writing hack involves thinking about your topic and taking a 20-minute power nap. Doing so will let your subconscious mind do the work.
When you wake up, you’ll likely find yourself brimming with fresh ideas that could add that missing zest to your piece.
5. Write Every Day
Writing is like working out, so the more you practice, the better you become.
Make time each day to write, even if it’s for 30 to 45 minutes. Also, set a goal for each writing session. Your goals will provide direction and focus, motivating further work and allowing for measurable progress.
Turbocharge Your Content with These Writing Hacks
Each writing hack shared here provides unique ways to create content that resonates with readers. Give them a try, and you may end up with some viral posts.
If you don’t have a place or website to write, consider starting a blog. Blogging can improve your writing because it provides a dedicated space for consistent practice. In addition, the act of maintaining a blog prompts you to write regularly.
I’m a freelance copywriter and SEO specialist. I aim to empower individuals and businesses with impactful marketing solutions and insights. In my downtime, I recharge by embracing the beauty of nature or cherishing moments with my loved ones. If you found value in this post, please consider sharing it.
Want a heads up whenever a new article drops? Subscribe here